Starting on the first season of Black Lightning! Feeling super, hanging out with fantastic Matthew Nelson (left) of Foreward Productions in his new studio, look him up. Little big bro (right) in town, seeing the sights sitting down behind Mr. Bruno Mars’s old Roland. Very humbling experience being in Los Angeles thus far!
Made our way to RH Factor dub stage in beautiful Burbank, CA. What are we working on? Wait and see!
Get lit. Black Lightning coming at you on CW in 2018!
One of my first days at the “office” – can’t complain, can I ? At the Paramount dub stage for BET’s, “Being Mary Jane” Season 4!
We made it! My meek little studio setup with an empty apartment in WeHo, currently sleeping on a twin mattress from Ikea (thanks guys) on the floor until my boxes arrive. #buildittheywillcome #keepfightingthegoodfight
So long Chicago, Los Angeles, here we come! Exciting news on the horizon, I’ve been offered a position as composer assistant in a renowned studio (Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga etc) in Hollywood for a veteran TV composer. I cannot express the excitement I have for the opportunity and look forward to taking this music game to the next level!
Happy Spring everyone!
I’ve been meaning to update this more frequently, but I’ve been extremely busy. Already pulling together a dozen projects for the new year AND adding some video game titles to the mix! Stay tuned!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!! ****$$$###%%%
Particles (Sci-Fi Thriller) by Josh Beck Michael (Sci-Fi Thriller) by Julian Maund-Klüppel Frontier (Thriller/Drama) by Elliot Brady Golazo (Inspirational/Action)
And a couple more I can’t mention at the moment, stay tuned!
We won the Emmy! www.lifeafterhate.org PSA campaign is officially an Emmy Award-Winning piece that I am proud to have created the musical tone for!
- ExitUSA Life After Hate PSA has been nominated for an Emmy!
- Partnered with True Music Pro Los Angeles, CA
- Completed score for “Urgency” by Joy Stamp
- Completed Herman Miller Campaign for Strange Loop Studios (ad)
- Completed Tidetec Hydropower Campaign (Sweden)
Many more exciting projects on the horizon and the big move west (Los Angeles) in 2017, stay tuned for updates!
- Completed score for “Rent A Kid” 48 hour film festival received 2nd place in fest overall. Also, nominated for best production and other awards.
- Hired for “Nightingale”, short action-hero film.
- Preparing to move studio to Los Angeles 2017
- Completed score for “Remain” by Michael Anthony Cain to be released mid June
- Completed score for NYU Thesis Film “The Awful Thing” by Madeline Hope Stephenson to be released Summer 2016
- Pre-production began for British sci-fi/drama “Look Up” coming June 2016
- Scoring began for “The Awful Thing”, apocalyptic short by Madeline Stephenson (NYU) April 2016
- Mock-ups developed for Elliot Brady’s, “Frontier” to be released Summer 2016
- April 18, to begin work on Michael A. Cain’s, “Remain” Summer 2016
Matthew James is in pre-production for several short films due to be released this summer
Happy New Year 2016! I have some great things in store for you all, stay tuned.
- Winner Excellent Production for Eerie Anecdotes in 2015 San Francisco International New Concept Film Festival
- Matthew James finished work on the Life After Hate Anti-Hate PSA Campaign http://www.lifeafterhate.org/
- Matthew James finished the Reclaimed Table ad with Strange Loop Studios http://strangeloopstudios.com/
- Matthew James is finishing the horror short “Eerie Anecdotes” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4704984/
- Matthew James started work on the Life After Hate Anti-Hate PSA Campaign http://www.lifeafterhate.org/
- Matthew James is currently working on “Eerie Anecdotes”, a horror short by Writer/Director Alexandre Viveiros